The Unventured Manali to Leh Cycling Expedition
The Manali to Leh cycling tour is one of the most sought after experiences for cyclists in India and our flagship expedition . It takes a magical blend of endurance & mental preparedness to accomplish it; which is why very few dare it. Unlike most Expeditions in the region we aim to offer a complete experience that combines the endurance with local off the beaten path experiences enjoyed in the company of like minded travellers. We’ve ensured and well planned a trail that you will endure but also have the luxury of pausing to soak in the views of the Himalayan passes, stop and enjoy its beauty and celebrate a journey in the company of like minded TRAVELLERS.
On our tour we’ve ensured we put a good mix of local experiences like an overnight camp stay by the edge of TsoKar lake, stay at a local home-stay in a quaint village where you can walk around the village and make conversations with the locals.
The tour is broken up into 2 parts
Cycle Ride: 10 Days
Experience Leh : 3 days (Motorized transport)
You will average in at 55Km per day but will be faced with days that are more intense and longer than some other day. The itinerary and each day’s ride distance is carefully planned from years of experience in offering tours in the region. The intensity of the tour increases with each day and this ensures your body also get acclimatized to the conditions.
Who can do this tour?
This is a tour for anyone who seeks and adventure, is committed to practicing and preparing for an adventure of a lifetime. At Unventured we offer participants all necessary support, training, guidance and practice information to prepare for the tour
How is Unventured different from conventional tour operators?
- End to End solution: You leave all worries of logistics to us from Delhi until you board your flight back home. No exclusions on food, travel or accommodation in between Delhi & Leh. (Liquor & aerated drinks is the only exception)
- 1 tent per person on the tour so you don’t get cramped up and have your privacy.
- 2:1 Ratio of staff supporting your tour, which means no compromise on the quality of the experience.
- 3 support vehicles: 1 motorbike, 1 pick-up truck used for camp, 14 Seater Tempo Traveller. We are prepared for evacuation of all staff and participants in the event of a natural calamity.
- Filtered safe drinking water + 1 high quality sipper with inbuilt filter per participant. We want to go green and hence have opted to stay away from “bottled water”.
- Extended tour for an experience of Leh. 3 days of travel around Leh in AC vehicles to monasteries and palaces including 1 night stay in Pangong Tso(Lake) in a luxury tented camp.
- Food in Leh & Manali will be in restaurants. We want you to experience the local food and enjoy your travel like you would if you were travelling by yourself and would not compromise on that front.
- Experienced tour leaders trained and certified in Wilderness First Aid. Safety of all our crew and travellers is our primary concern and we maintain and follow safety measures in planning and execution of the tour.